Wednesday, April 25, 2012

Chicken Parm, Chicken Shmarm

A new take on a old fatty fave.  I wont lie, I love a good cheesy, carby Chicken Parmesan dish (otherwise known as cutlets and gravy to all of my Italian friends) but alas, the recipe is not so health conscious.  So, I've created a new much more healthy spin on this old world favorite.  I found that you can re-create the Italian flavors by using some standard seasonings and a little marinara.  Welcome to the world, healthy Chicken Parmesan Stir-Fry!

Also - a few of you had commented on my horrible photography skills so I've hired a professional photographer to help me with my food shots moving forward (ok so maybe I just asked nicely). But check out how good these new pics are!

Chicken Parmesan Stir-Fry
- 1lb Chicken Breast - cubed
- 1 Green Pepper
- 1 Red Pepper
- 1 Crown of Broccoli
- 1/2 an Onion
- 5 Kale Leaves
- 1/2 Jar of Light Ragu
- 1 Cup of Trader Joe's Almond Meal (this stuff is the shit.  It's the same thing as breadcrumbs but AWESOMELY healthy and not bread - obviously, but you knew that).
Directions:
1) Season the almond meal with pepper, oregano and basil.
2) Salt and Pepper the chicken and then shake it around in the Almond meal
3) Put a little olive oil in a pan and saute the chicken until it's done. Put it in a bowl and then set aside.
4) Spray a pan with a little cooking spray and saute all veggies for about 5 minutes, then pour in marinara sauce and let it simma' for a litta' (ha). Ok like 3 minutes.
5) Plate and serve! Bravo! Ole?! Ummm, Vino! Yes, that sounds right.  Serve with wine.

I added a few shaves of parm on top.
Xo,
zo

No comments:

Post a Comment