Wednesday, July 13, 2011

Green Sprout

Fried Rice, Lo Mein, Sweet & Sour Chicken, Fried Spring Rolls, Mongolian Beef and Sesame Chicken.  All of the makings of a pretty unhealthy Chinese delivery order. But alas, I still occasionally get the craving for Chinese food.  What I don't get the craving for is the MSG, extra oil, sugary sauces and not so fresh vegetables.  Enter Green Sprout, the best (in my eyes) vegetarian Chinese restaurant in all of Atlanta.  The vegetables are super fresh, their sauces are delish and not too heavy and their meat, well, it's mock (i.e. "chicken" and "beef" made from vegetable protein).  This place isn't just a restaurant that has vegetarian options this local gem doesn't have one spec of meat in the whole place!

I've been ordering delivery, that's right...they deliver, for the past 6 years and not once have I been dissatisfied with my order.  They have traditional Chinese items like the ones above but also have pretty interesting chef specials if you eat-in.  One thing to note, remember that portion control is another way to become or stay a Skinny Peach. They give you a LOT of food so pack a bunch up and bring it for lunch and maybe even the next nights dinner. 

Check out their menu!

My Order:
- Spicy Sauteed String Beans (light sauce)
- Sesame Tofu (light sauce)
- Brown Rice

One of my favorite parts of this particular order...
Amen!

xo,
zo

No comments:

Post a Comment