Saturday, July 30, 2011

Taqueria del Sol

Well, it's official, I ate (somewhat) healthy at Taqueria.  For those of you that know me, know this was an extremely hard task as my past meals at this local taco joint consisted of chips and multiple bowls of queso and guac with a sugary margarita (they have the best in town).  So this was a daunting task from the beginning, not just because they don't have a ton of healthy options but my will power goes to shambles the minute I enter the door.

So, could I have ordered healthier? Yeah, I think so.  Was I proud of myself for not devouring an entire bowl of chips and queso myself? Most definitely.  I will have to try this place again but in the meantime...

My Order:
- 1 Grilled Chicken Taco (this was a special so you wont see it on the menu all the time)
- 1 Fish Taco (no tartar sauce)
- 1 Side Salad
- Guacamole
Optional Cocktail: Regular Margarita (I couldn't help myself, everyone makes mistakes).
Take the taco goodies and place them on top of the salad. Use the guac as the dressing.
xo,
zo

2 comments:

  1. Hey -- thanks so much for posting about Taqueria! They are a tenant of ours in the Westside Provisions District and your blog popped up on our Google Alerts. I'll link to your post on our Facebook page!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome! Thanks August. I heart Taqueria! and Star Provisions and so many other stores over there. xo

    ReplyDelete