Sunday, August 14, 2011

Lake Weekend Snackin'

I love going to the lake. You get to spend time with your friends and you have no real agenda except for relaxing, drinking and napping and if it's nice out you catch a little vitamin D.  The only thing I don't love about going to the lake, is the amount of junk food that sometimes is brought that I can't help but to snack on.   Knowing that I wanted to look like a skinny peach in my bikini, I took a trip to Whole Foods before we left to pick up some healthy snacks for everyone.  And I think they were a hit! 

What I got:
- Pirates Booty (it's my fav and 30 calories, 5g of fat and 210mg of sodium less per serving then cheese puffs although I did have one or two of those whoopsie).
- gRAWnola Original - you've seen this one before
- Whole Foods brand Veggie Straws
- Roasted Unsalted Pistachios
- Laura's Wholesome Junk Food Cookies - I like the Cole's Cashew Chocolate Chip kind.  If you haven't tried these they are ridiculously good. And you don't feel guilty eating them.
- TONS of water.  Make sure to hydrate.  The sun and alcohol can leave you dehydrated and that's never good. 

xo,
zo

No comments:

Post a Comment