Wednesday, June 22, 2011

Freezer Burn

Did a little light grocery shopping a few nights ago for breakfast, lunch and snack options for this week.  I usually shop on Monday because I have a better idea of what I'm doing for the rest of the week so it helps me save money and not waste food if I know I'm going out.  This trip was more about navigating the freezer section (i.e. how to steer clear of the frozen pizzas).

So here is my list of healthy and nutritious staples that I like to have around my freezer (and a few extras). 

  • Veggie Patch faux chicken nuggets (4 Nugs - 190 Cal, 8g fat, 3g fiber 10g protein)
  • Avocados
  • VitaTops Egg, Cheese & Veggie (150 Calories per Sandi!)
  • Silk Pure Almond Milk in Dark Chocolate (90 Calories and perfect for a snack)
  • Butter lettuce
  • Low Sodium Ezekial Break, i love this stuff (1 slice - 80 cal, .5g fat, 4g protein, 0 sodium)
  • Morningstar Soysage (80 cal, 3g fat, 10g protein)
  • Almond Breeze Unsweetened Milk (40 Calories)
  • Green Giant Healthy Heart Steamers (90 cal, 2.5 fat)
  • Kashi Spicy Black Bean Enchilada (260 cal, 7g fat, 8g fiber, 8g protein)
  • Morningstar Lasagna (270 Cal, 6g fat, 20g protein)
  • Organic Pasture Raised Half and Half (for my coffee)
  • Egg Whites

1 comment:

  1. i'll add amy's burritos to that list! they are so good & easy to fix...just throw in a side of fresh veggies for a filling meal!

    ReplyDelete