Saturday, June 11, 2011

Verde Taqueria

It's no secret that besides from a good bowl of matzoh ball soup, Mexican cuisine is my comfort food.  There's just something about the crunch of hot tortilla chips dipped in fresh guacamole and then in warm queso (yes I'm a double dipper) that makes me feel like all is well in the world. But alas, eating an entire bowl of chips washed down with a sugary margarita and fried chicken tacos is not the most healthy dinner.

It's not hard eating healthy Mexican food and Verde in Brookhaven makes it easy. What you WILL need, will power.  My theme to healthy Mexican ordering is "Say no to ques-o."

My Order:
  • Grilled Veggie Taco (zucchini, squash, onions, peppers, black beans) no sour cream
  • 1/2 portion of the Verde Salad with grilled tilapia, no cheese
  • A few chips, (I can't help myself) salsa and guacamole. 
  • Optional Cocktail: Organic Margarita (100% blue agave tequila, 100% organic agave nectar, and fresh squeezed lime juice)

Say No to Ques-o!

Xo,
zo

No comments:

Post a Comment