Monday, June 27, 2011

HomeSICK

I have a pretty big camping/climbing/hiking trip coming up on Wednesday and after 3 days of
that we are driving to see my fam in the metropolis known as Williamsburg, VA.  In light of this trip I've been taking all of the necessary precautions to NOT get sick (washing my hands, sleeping a lot, eating healthy, getting exercise) but I woke up today and didn't feel super awesome.  I think my body is telling me it's been too long since I've been home. Time to call in the troops.

See below for my go-to list of things to ingest to ward off the sick monster.

- Ardens Garden Grand Slams. The benefits of this little drink are huge. These little shots detoxify, fight illness and boost your immune system. A grand slam is a shot of Wheatgrass Juice, Ginger, Lemon Juice and Cranberry Juice.  Each of the 1oz shots have their own awesome qualities filled with vitamins to keep you healthy. Note: I ask for a pineapple juice chaser for after.

 
- Green Tea, Green Tea and more Green Tea.  Major antioxidants.
- Odwalla Mo'Beta (Antioxidants, Beta Carotene, Vitamins C & E)
- Water (tons of it)
- I've also heard that chewing on raw garlic helps.  Maybe I'll try that tonight.
- Mom's chicken & matzoh ball soup (hopefully I will be better by the time I'm  home but this marvelous concoction works EVERY time).

Wish me luck.

xo,
zo

2 comments:

  1. Hey those grand slams look familiar!! Lol! Great tips Zoe! Have a fun time camping!

    ReplyDelete
  2. haha - good times! I just wanted to make sure everyone was healthy for fashion week!

    ReplyDelete