Thursday, June 23, 2011

Take me out to the Ball Game!

But good lord don't make me eat the food! I thought a Braves baseball game would be a great place to find some hidden healthy treasures to talk to you all about but lord was I mistaken. Let me rephrase, there are healthy options, but they do NOT taste so awesome.  Case in point, the veggie dog (see below). This so-called veggie dog has a similar consistency of a hotdog, but was anything but.
Not even Ketchup could save this veggie dog.
I tried to find a veggie burger but after walking around for 15 minutes and asking at least 6 vendors I gave up only to find that if you get lucky and get to tag along with someone who has awesome seats (thanks J) you can order a black bean burger with avocado and grilled veggies! The one caveat is I think you have to be in the Henry Aaron section to get this.

Our Awesome Seats!
 My one awesome find: Gluten Free Stand!  It looked like the grilled chicken sandi was the best but how cool is that for all you gluten free gals (the logo is my fav).


So, after all of this my suggestion for Braves games...bring your own food! It's the healthiest and cheapest way to eat at the ball park.

Suggestions:
- Publix whole wheat wrap with tons of veggies and little light honey mustard
- Subway sandi. Always whole wheat and go for turkey, veggie burger or veggie. They have avocado now too!

xo,
zo

No comments:

Post a Comment