Monday, June 13, 2011

No You're a Dirty Runner

As a runner, I’m always trying to look for new routes and interesting courses that entertain me while I run so I don’t get bored.  With the Dirty Spokes trail running series being bored is not an option. Mainly because you will fall flat on your face (or butt) if you aren’t fully engaged in the course.  There are two options a 2.5 mile and a 5 mile run.  I’m pretty sure the 5 mile version is just two laps of the 2.5 mile loop.  I did a Dirty Spokes run last November and besides from freezing my butt off and snotting all over the place, this was a GREAT run.

This next one is June 25th in Cumming and starts at 8:30am.  But, they last throughout the whole year so if this date doesn’t work you can find another time.



Central Park Mountain Bike/Running Trail, Cumming, GA
If you have trail running shoes I would definitely suggest wearing them. If not, just make sure you wear something with a lot of ankle support. You will most likely roll your ankle a few times because of the roots and rocks on the path.

Happy Trails!

Xo,
zoe

2 comments:

  1. zoe, what an awesome blog :)

    i have recently gotten into trail running- i too got bored on the same roads (plus am annoyed at cars not giving me my legally protected 3 feet of space).

    sometimes when i'm running on the quiet trails and everything is so beautiful and i am feeling fit i pretend i am in a Nike commercial :) ha.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks! I've been wanting to do this for a while and was using not having an awesome design as an excuse. I hope it helps people!

    Trail running is great. Wait, Nike isn't video taping me for their commercial? Hmmm that's weird I completely thought they were. I totally hear you about the not enough space on the roads. Luckily I live near the park and there are side roads everywhere, but not so awesome on the knees.

    Thanks for the post!

    xo,
    zo

    ReplyDelete