Wednesday, June 15, 2011

Workday Breakfast

As much as I would like to cook a full breakfast during the work week, 80% of the time it doesn't happen.  What can I say, I like sleep more than I like scrambled eggs.

So this breakfast isn't some grand concoction or Top Chef recipe.  BUT it's super easy, takes about 5 minutes to make and provides some healthy goodies that will keep you satisfied throughout the morning.  It is packed with fiber (that will keep you from getting hungry later), tons of antioxidants, protein and doesn't taste like cardboard (yessss)!  Ok, so it's a fancy cereal recipe and I thought twice about putting a cereal suggestion up as my first recipe, but really, who doesn't love cereal!?!?  Also, every book I've read gives me all of these delicious but super time consuming breakfast recipes so I figured I'd give you guys what I really eat.  That's what this is all about right?

What you'll need:
- 3/4 cup of Kashi GoLean Crunch (190 calories, 3g fat, 9g protein, 8g fiber)
- 1 cup Almond Breeze unsweetened vanilla almond milk. Less than 1/3 the calories of skim milk. (40 calories, 3.5g fat, 1g protein)
- 1/4 cup of washed organic blueberries
- 3 washed and quartered organic strawberries
Optional: If you would like more protein, just sprinkle some whey protein on top!

Probably should have washed my counters but how good does all of that fruit look!
Like I said, I'm no Emeril, but BAM this breakfast is Yum-ee. Plus, when I eat healthy breakfasts it helps me make smarter decisions throughout the day!

xo,
zo

No comments:

Post a Comment