Sunday, June 5, 2011

The Porter Beer Bar

For a place that is known for it's bar food (and 430 beers) The Porter has a few interesting and organic options for the healthy eater.  I will say, it's pretty difficult ordering healthy when everyone around you is chowing down on 1/2 pound cheeseburgers, buffalo shrimp po-boys and herb & garlic oil french fries (I may have accidentally tried a few fries and they were pretty damn awesome). That being said, I read a quote (can't remember where) that came to mind as I was contemplating my order. "Nothing tastes as good as skinny feels." Not sure if I actually believe that but it does make you think before you order a side of fries.

My Order:
-  Organic Black Bean Burger made with quinoa (I ate the burger sans bun and no pickled onion, oh and just added a little of the feta).
-  Organic Arugula Salad (get the dressing on the side)
-  Beer: Ace Pear Cider (155 calories)

xo,
zo

2 comments:

  1. i'm about to comment on every blog post. favorite new blog. and your quote is by kate moss :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ha. Of course it is. I love that I quoted Kate Moss and didn't even know it!

    ReplyDelete