Saturday, June 18, 2011

It's Not a Spritza!

I've been on a mission to find the perfect low-cal summer cocktail for a while.  Something that is refreshing, light and contains alcohol.  I tried skinny margaritas last summer. The real skinny, not the one with agave nectar. The real skinny is a shot of patron, shot a triple sec and a LOT of limes. The problem with these are I would have one and be done for the night (whoopsie).  I don't do mocktails. It's really not worth the sugar. So if alcoholic beverages aren't your thing go for iced green tea with lemon or soda water with lime.  The Skinny Peach is one of my favorite cocktails to drink poolside, at the lake or at one of Atlanta's many summer festivals.  Ok, so maybe it's kind of a spritzer, but I'll never admit it! :)

The Skinny Peach:
- 1/2 can of Fresca Peach Citrus (0 Calories)
- 1/4 cup of white wine (100 Calories)
- Ice
(if you're at the bar you can try ordering with Sprite Zero but it's not gonna be as delicious).


Cheers Skinny Peaches!

xo,
zo

4 comments:

  1. Note from the Author: I would like to thank Steven Leonard and Michael Freedman for this recipe. Thank you both. I am forever in debt.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The original recipe calls for red wine. Always keep Fresca in the fridge for when that bottle of red just is not the quality you were hoping for - just add a little Fresca and BAM!

    ReplyDelete
  3. YUM! I must try it!

    Winks & Smiles,
    Wifey

    ReplyDelete